F7 Plan (draft)

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Thu Dec 21 01:47:06 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 04:14:23PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 04:10:32PM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
>  > On Wednesday 20 December 2006 16:03, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>  > > That implies KVM and lhype are working in Fedora. Which they aren't,
>  > > at the moment.
>  >
>  > Having just watched Jeremy boot the next LiveCD test in KVM on his rawhide
>  > box, I'd say its working a heck of a lot better than Xen.
>
> We're still boned for paravirt though, which some may argue, is
> the more interesting case (given not everyone has a CPU with the right knobs).

Given that those CPUs have only been available from Intel or AMD for a
few *months* (~6), indeed, relatively few are in the hands of users.
Not to mention the performance hit from fully-virt at this point.
It'd be like announcing we were going to only produce Blu-Ray DVDs
from now on.

>From where can we get additional resources to help with the
Xen-in-Fedora merging, or is it the case that adding more people to an
already late project just makes it later?  In that case, what/how can we
offload Juan or whomever so they can focus?

-Matt