What do we want to archive with Fedora?

Max Spevack max at spevack.org
Thu Dec 28 19:03:48 UTC 2006

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> leaving the problem aside that certain important community contributors
> think they cannot even post to the list because they were not invited; I
> thus dislike the FAB-list more and more and think we should have 95% of
> the discussions we had here in the past on a open fedora-project-list in
> the future where everyone gets allowed to subscribe and post. If that
> becomes a problem over time due to to much noise let only contributors
> (cla_done) subscribe there and create a fedora-project-list-readonly for
> the rest of the world; members of the latter should still be able to
> post to the mailinglist if a moderator acks their post.

Thorsten,

I think this part of your note is easily remedied.

I have no problem with:

1) changing FAB to open subscription with confirmation
2) putting the current "read only" folks onto the full list, since (1)
obviates the need for f-a-b-readonly
3) re-messaging the purpose of FAB, and also the new subscription policy

The people who are most active on the list will still be, and it will
likely get some other good people talking.

I'll make these changes once I'm back to Raleigh, and we'll see how it
goes.

Hope everyone has a happy new year.

--
Max Spevack