[fab] Proposed Project: Fedora Testing

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sat Jul 1 01:31:45 UTC 2006

On Friday 30 June 2006 16:32, Will Woods <wwoods at redhat.com> wrote:

> For the past month, I have been talking to Red Hat employees and Fedora
> developers and enthusiasts about the idea of a Fedora testing project.
>
> The mission of this project would be to use and develop Open Source test
> software, test tools, and test processes to improve the overall quality
> of Fedora and other Open Source software. In short, this would be like a
> Red Hat-backed QA department for Fedora that produces things the whole
> world can use.
>
> Red Hat has committed to donating code and employee time to this
> project. They will be making code and documentation available through
> https://testing.108.redhat.com/ and employing me to lead it.
>
> To this end, I'm writing today to formally request that you consider
> making this effort an official Fedora project. A project page can be
> found on the Fedora Project wiki which gives more detail about proposed
> subprojects, goals, and so on:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraTesting
>
> Thank you for taking the time to consider this. If there's any further
> information needed, don't hesitate to contact me.

One minor thing you might consider...

We generally try to avoid redundant names on the wiki.  This means
excluding "Fedora" and "Project" when creating a new project page.  A Testing
page already exists, but could be hijacked or amended for this new project.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com