[fab] Proposed Project: Fedora Testing

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 5 21:33:28 UTC 2006

Will Woods wrote:

>On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 10:53 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>

>>>I would let the test suite run on a full development cycle, get the
>>>community involved and show the results before accepting it as a Fedora
>>>Project.
>>>

>Sure, it's up to the board to decide whether to accept this as a Fedora
>Project. We'll be running tests, releasing code, and hopefully writing
>new stuff all through the rest of the FC6 development cycle either way.

Yes. We dont have to wait on this be a official project to do the work
necessary.

>>>There are nice improvements to Red Hat bugzilla that could help.  Ex:
>>>http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/core-bugs-today.cgi.  Also we need to
>>>make sure that bugbuddy works well as a desktop client with Red Hat
>>>bugzilla. Look into cooperating with this team -
>>>https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-June/msg00014.html.
>>>

>>+1 again.  This should be its own subproject.
>>

>Yeah, there's plenty of work to be done here. Right now I feel like
>Bugzilla improvements and the BugZappers revival are so closely linked
>that they could start out as two parts of the same project, but in the
>future I could see the Bugzilla-related tools being an offshoot project
>from BugZappers.
>
>-w

One related thing if we can do it, is to publish the Red Hat bugzilla
changes into a public SCM repository as and when its done so people
external to Red Hat could hack on it. Last I heard, there were various
pieces of internal infrastructure tied to the modifications but this is
something worth looking into and improvements to bugzilla and related
client side tools are inherently tied to each other and needs to be done
in parallel to be efficient.

Having a separate page for Fedora Bugzilla like say
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/fedora which just lists the Fedora items and
related highlights like incoming bug reports might work out better. The
sheer number of products and components listed is confusing and many of
them are completely irrelevant to Fedora users.  I would suggest you
start a discussion on fedora-test list (changing the focus to general
QA) and see which things needs to be done and pull in anyone interested
to work on them.

Rahul