[fab] Packaging Committee/FESCo communication

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Jul 6 21:04:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 15:46 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> All I'm asking for is time for the reps from various parties to discuss
> the issues with the groups the represent and a mechanism for them to be
> able to do that.

This sounds pretty sane to me, really.  For all that spot is
all-knowing, he'll occasionally miss _something_.  To try for a proposal

The results of policy decisions from the Fedora Packaging Committee now
affect a number of different constituents within Fedora.  While there
are representatives from those different constituents on FPC, it's not
fair to assume that one person knows everything.  Therefore, the
proposal is to have changes to packaging policy have a week[1] for
review from impacted groups before they are "set in stone"[2].  Also,
the constituents involved in FESCO, RH, etc are accountable for getting
the changes before their respective groups for review.

Jeremy

[1] Insert arbitrary time here... since most groups are meeting weekly,
a week seemed fine.  Plus, it does allow for at least the communication
to occur even if there's not a meeting
[2] Not that anything is ever fully set in stone