[fab] Packaging Committee/FESCo communication

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Jul 7 00:42:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 19:20 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 17:04 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > The results of policy decisions from the Fedora Packaging Committee now
> > affect a number of different constituents within Fedora.  While there
> > are representatives from those different constituents on FPC, it's not
> > fair to assume that one person knows everything.  Therefore, the
> > proposal is to have changes to packaging policy have a week[1] for
> > review from impacted groups before they are "set in stone"[2].  Also,
> > the constituents involved in FESCO, RH, etc are accountable for getting
> > the changes before their respective groups for review.
>
> Yes, exactly.  I was actually getting ready to type up something
> identical to this :).
>
> Does anyone have any problems with this?

I think it will work fine.  Since the packaging committee meets just
before FESCo on Thursdays, it works especially well for us.  I'll add an
agenda item to the FESCo weekly meetings: Packaging Committee Report and
Discussion, so some time is allocated to discussing these policies as
they are made.

-Toshio