[fab] Fedora Directory Server - Whats happening?

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Mon Jul 10 20:28:29 UTC 2006

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 7/10/06, Christopher Blizzard <blizzard at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Rahul wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > So its been a while (September 2004 since Red Hat spend around 25
>> > million dollars freeing Netscape directory server and releasing it
>> under
>> > the Fedora universe.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately the team build up their own wiki
>> > (http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Main_Page) for no obvious
>> > reason and despite havent been able to run it under GCJ for a while
>> > havent submitted the package yet to review and include it in either
>> > Fedora Core or Extras repository.
>> >

>> That was my fault since I jump started them.  At the time, it was
>> believed that we would have a bunch of little projects building up
>> around the Fedora name.  And each would have their own little site for
>> hosting, etc.
>>

> Bad Blizzard. Bad.. no cookie for you!
>
> What would be the best to help better integrate the two together again?

Honestly, I'm not sure we want to.  What's the value in the integration,
migrating users and content?  That's not without cost.  And you can't
sell me on "integration for integration's sake."  Also, talk to Bob Lord
(cced) to find out what's going on in Directory-land.  I've been out of
the loop for a while.

--Chris