[fab] Fedora Directory Server - Whats happening?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Jul 10 22:49:42 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 16:28 -0400, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

> Honestly, I'm not sure we want to.  What's the value in the integration,
> migrating users and content?  That's not without cost.  And you can't
> sell me on "integration for integration's sake."  Also, talk to Bob Lord
> (cced) to find out what's going on in Directory-land.  I've been out of
> the loop for a while.

I cannot speak for Bob, naturally, but my experiencing working with his
group is that they are interested in being integrated in meaningful ways
with the Fedora Project beyond name only.  What that means exactly needs
to be worked out.

We have to consider this kind of situation overall, esp. with the light
of existing efforts/communities at jboss.org.  Just like it doesn't make
sense to pull in every thousands of projects in the world to be hosted
on the One True Open Source Infrastructure, it probably doesn't make
sense to force every Fedora sub-project to toe the same line.

- Karsten, metaphoric mixmaster
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project