[fab] Legal contact policy and incentives for contributors

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 11 18:30:14 UTC 2006

Hi

 From a long ongoing discussion in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-July/msg00304.html,
a few things came up that needs to be addressed better. I have already
send in a mail about improving the integration of Fedora directory server.

For legal issues, we have had Greg Dek acting as our counsel gateway for
a while now. Considering the number of issues that popup (package
license approvals, patent concerns, logo, trademark & brand guidelines
etc etc), having a single person acting as a gateway might not be the
best approach here and since the primary Red Hat counsel is already in
this list, we might consider sending a mail to this list for addressing
their legal concerns regarding Fedora for issues that can be address in
a public list and let Greg Dek handle anything more sensitive off list.
If we have consensus, lets make this our new policy.

Another thing that came up is incentives for long term contributors.
Thorsten has suggested a few items - A Pen, Sticker, T-Shirt, LWN
subscription etc. I think all of our Fedora contributors or alteast our
active ambassadors need to be send a bunch of free media kits for them
to distribute whenever a new general release of Fedora is out.

Rahul