[fab] Legal contact policy and incentives for contributors

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 13 06:18:36 UTC 2006

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, seth vidal wrote:
>
>>> For legal issues, we have had Greg Dek acting as our counsel gateway
>>> for a while now. Considering the number of issues that popup (package
>>> license approvals, patent concerns, logo, trademark & brand
>>> guidelines etc etc), having a single person acting as a gateway might
>>> not be the best approach here and since the primary Red Hat counsel
>>> is already in this list, we might consider sending a mail to this
>>> list for addressing their legal concerns regarding Fedora for issues
>>> that can be address in a public list and let Greg Dek handle anything
>>> more sensitive off list. If we have consensus, lets make this our new
>>> policy.
>>
>> Umm - Is Greg on board with this? :)
>
> In reality, it should s/Greg/Max with regard to Fedora legal issues.
> And I'm on board with it.

So would you prefer any legal issues including license approval for
packages in Fedora Extras send to this list or to you directly.

http://fedora.redhat.com/About/contact.html lists Greg Dek as the legal
contact still.

Patrick, can we copy all such pages (leaving out the formally published
documentation under /docs for now) over to the wiki and setup up
redirects? Shouldnt be more than a dozen pages now.

Rahul