[fab] Licensing the Fedora logo

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 14 09:15:33 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On 7/14/06, Rahul <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> What difference does it make is we "free" the current logo for use in
>> Kadischi and have a new restricted official logo ?
>
> It all depends, on Fedora Core, since kadischi builds a livecd from
> minimum a Fedora Core repository. If the new restricted official logo
> is in Fedora Core, then I have to replace it when building livecds by
> kadischi.

That can be easily done. Ship both the logos. Kadischi should have the
capability to pick the unrestricted logo for derivatives and rebrand the
distribution easily. Having the rebranding code as a separate utility
would be useful for other efforts too.

Here is a list of stuff that it can handle.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Branding

Rahul

Rahul