[fab] Re: [Famsco-list] Fedora Core 5 Re-Spin Plus! (fwd)

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at bobjensen.com
Mon Jul 17 18:47:30 UTC 2006

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>

>> Looky here!  Someone's doing something inventive with Fedora!
>>
>> http://www.linux-respin.org
>>
>> Anybody know who's behind this effort?
>
> As we have learned from Thomas Chung, it's led by Rob Garth
>
> http://fedoranews.org/cms/user/1148
>
> Greg and I will take the point on this.  It's important to me that it's
> handled in a friendly way, and we figure out if we can work with him,
> etc. and not have him get any sort of legal email, etc.
>
> Our response should be "cool, how can we integrate what this guy's doing
> into Fedora and make sure everything is compliant" and approach him that
> way.
>
> I'm particularly curious to know if he tried to submit the patches that
> he's providing back to us and got nowhere, or if he just never even
> bothered.
>
> --Max

I am not sure that Rob Garth is behind this. I think Rob is much more
literate than the author of the pages that are original content. I have
emailed Rob several times and this does not look at all like his style.

There are OPL Violations for the derived work from the Fedora Unity
Project that we will be looking at. Several pages of content are pretty
much copied from the Fedora Unity Project sites and related Press
Releases. http://www.linux-respin.org/newsdefault.html was derived from
our press release for the re-spins,
http://www.linux-respin.org/about.html was derived from our mission
statement written the night we started the Unity Project. Pretty
frustrating.

On http://www.linux-respin.org/order.html they claim to be part of the
"Fedora Free Media Program", is this true?

--
Robert 'Bob' Jensen *        * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BobJensen
gpg fingerprint:     F9F4 7243 4243 0043 2C45 97AF E8A4 C3AE 42EB 0BC6