[fab] fc6 -- new, removed packages

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jul 18 13:59:19 UTC 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 July 2006 08:18, Mark Webbink wrote:
>> Just for clarification, Red Hat employees do not need to sign a Fedora CLA.
>
> Perhaps from a legal standpoint at this exact moment in time.  However
> it makes more sense to have the policy apply to ANYBODY so that if they
> ever leave Red Hat we still have an agreement with them, and Red Hat
> people aren't special cased.

Setting aside the exact details of legal compliance, I think we should
have *everyone* sign the thing.  It is one of those policies that isn't
difficult to have in place, and it prevents us from having a "special
treatment" kind of thing.

We want Fedora to be egalitarian.  Everyone should sign the CLA, if not
for a legal requirement, then for a "correctness" requirement.  Most of
the RH folks contributing have signed it already.

--Max

--
Max Spevack
+ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaxSpevack