[fab] Succession Planning

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 00:07:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 18:36 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 08:22 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > As I mentioned briefly in Tuesday's meeting, I placed a short draft of
> > an elections document at:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning
> >
> > I'd appreciate any additional review and comment.  (Comments may take
> > the form of page edits.)
>
> My recollection from previous discussion was that we weren't going to
> try to get into electing the Red Hat seats and instead leave it at the
> discretion of Red Hat as sponsoring the Fedora Project as to how they
> got filled.
>
> This was to avoid some of the concerns about "what if Joe gets shifted
> to working on something else", etc

Doesn't mean they can't be in the election... the contenders for two
seats might be e.g. exactly two Red Hat employees.  Vote for any
two. :-)  But if Red Hat has no preference between three, it could be
left up to the community.  Or not, see previous case.  But if we don't
want that door open even a crack, it needn't be.  Opinions?