[fab] Succession Planning

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jul 26 18:24:21 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 19:41 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >> 4) CLA completion and being part of atleast one specific Fedora group
> >> like say Fedora Extras must be a requirement. Not everybody who has
> >> signed the CLA has provided any meaningful contributions and thus are
> >> not in the group of actual Fedora contributors. Having merely the CLA as
> >> a requirement might be abused.
> >
> > How do we define being "part of" a group?  Number of CVS commits?
> > Number of emails posted to a list?  Time on IRC?  If you can provide an
> > objective standard for this criterion, let's discuss it.
>
> Part of any Fedora group in the accounts system.

One way to measure is to require activity as an elected member of a
sub-project committee, such as FESCO or FDSCo.

Perhaps each sub-project could have a way of qualifying.  Number of
packages owned or reviewed; documents written, edited, or translated;
events attended as an Ambassador; etc.

Or do we specifically want to allow for the possibility of a disruptive
election that can bring in dilettantes who only know how to campaign for
votes?

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project