[fab] agenda for tomorrow

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Mon Jun 5 23:42:29 UTC 2006

On Monday 05 June 2006 15:01, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> Fedora Board meets tomorrow.  As usual, I'm sending the agenda to this
> wider list, so that everyone can know what we're going to talk about ahead
> of time, and we'll report back after the meeting.

Since I can't attend, I'll post my notes below.  I'm sure they'll prove
worthless in your talks.  ;-)

> * Infrastructure issues.  Need to get an update from Elliot as to what his
> team is working on, what their priorities are, etc.
>  	- account system

I've been really pressed for time lately, but I'd still like to work on my
planned revamp of the Account System to introduce some of the requested
features, add a lot more checking to avoid tracebacks and other potential
problems, and to make the whole system a lot easier to use and interface
with.  If someone else beats me to it, I won't be hurt.  ;-)  The
Infrastructure team has also been looking at options to integrate the Account
System with some other services for single sign-on.

One very big question here:  Do we need to continue requiring GPG-signed CLAs,
or can we look at click-through options?

>  	- access to infrastructure
>  	- CMS

For the time being, the CMS is off the plate for Infrastructure and awaiting
work from the Websites team.

>  	- other stuff Elliot thinks is important
>
> * Plone update

http://fpserv.fedoraproject.org/ has been available for a while now, but very
few people have done any work on it...

> * We've talked about finishing the f.r.c migration, now it's time to
> assign ownership and *make it happen*.
>  	- what are the blockers?

The biggest roadblock we face in making the f.r.c migration happen is the
Plone site.  We need that site themed suitably, and we need its content
built.  I've worked a little on this, but we don't even have any clear
decisions about how, exactly, the site is supposed to interact with the wiki
and what features we really want to use.  We need some coordination between
Fedora Documentation and Fedora Websites to figure out what goes where and to
get the Plone content written.  Once the Plone site is ready, we'll migrate
the wiki to the new server, along with giving it an upgrade, and we'll wrap
the Plone site around it.  Depending upon the timetable, we might even be
able to integrate some of the MoinMoin DocBook work that is being done as
part of Google's Summer of Code.  That would give the Docs team some more
power and flexibility with the wiki.

Once we have feedback from this meeting, I think Karsten and I need to meet up
and talk about making things happen.

> * Brand/Logo/Trademark stuff

I'd like to volunteer to help with this.  Now that we have guidelines for how
the logo should be included in other graphics, we need a clear policy about
where and how it can be used.  We're still getting a lot of questions, and
it's starting to have PR implications.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com