[fab] Re: Fedora Project Board Update (2006-06-06)

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Wed Jun 7 15:37:42 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 20:39, Max Spevack wrote:
> The summary from today's Fedora Project Board meeting is now available on
> the wiki.

Hi Board ;-) From the meeting:

==
We want to hold a FUDCon in Brazil. The nature/schedule of that FUDCon is
going to depend on interest from the Brazilians, and from the local
Ambassadors who will be responsible for a lot of the legwork.

Similarly, if GregDeKoenigsberg and MaxSpevack want to try out different
models for FUDCon (code sprints, open conferences, etc.) they should work on
organizing something like that in the US, where it is close to home for them
and they can easily coordinate/lead it.

ACTION ITEM:
MaxSpevack to begin FUDCon Brazil conversation with the Brazilian Ambassadors
and ChristopherBlizzard.
==

I'm really glad to see this. We have a lots of events here and not one
specially dedicated for Fedora Users. The Ambassadors are always organizing
Fedora presence in some of the greatest events here and we are having pretty
good results (specially for support and colaboration with our brazilian
team).

We have some good event skills, so we can help on the "legwork" a lot. If you
need to contact us and begin talking about this, you can find all ambassadors
and Fedora colaborators here in Brazil gathered in the mailing list:

https://www.redhat.com/mailman/admindb/fedora-mktg-brazil
(Don't mind the Portuguese mails, we can talk in English too)

Or maybe use the Ambassadors list. You can choose.

We also began having weekly meetings in IRC, channel #fedora-br under
irc.freenode.net. Since today we'll have a meeting, I'm putting this under
discussion with priority.

Count on me and the brazilian ambassadors for everything regarding this :-)
We'll make sure the event will be great!

--
[]'s
Eitch

http://www.devin.com.br/eitch/
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds