[fab] New project formation is out of control

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Jun 7 19:32:55 UTC 2006

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Max Spevack wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
>
> > I've started a new wiki page for this:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DefiningProjects
> >
> > ...and the flood gates have been opened.  ;-)
>
> Great start -- I'll look at it more closely later on today.  Thanks a lot
> Patrick.
>
> --Max

Comments:

1. I continue to assert that there are only two meaningful kinds of
project: incubators/SIGs/whatever, and full-fledged projects.  Why
distinguish between "ideas" and "incubator projects"?  Why does someone
need "a plan of action" to "graduate" to incubator status?  What's wrong
with having 2000 incubator projects, 1500 of which overlap?

2. The statement that Fedora Ambassadors is a sub-project of Fedora
Marketing implies that there's a functioning Fedora Marketing Project, and
that it's official.  Is this so?  Who's the chair of the Fedora Marketing
Project?  Who's the steering committee?  When does it meet?  What is its
purpose?

--g