[fab] New project formation is out of control

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 22 20:42:05 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 16:36 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 01:57 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > What exactly is preventing Fedora people (even outside of Red Hat)from
> > joining the infrastructure team or helping out in mailing list
> > administration now?
> >

> The infrastructure team doesn't handle mailing lists.
>

> All mailing lists have to go through red hat IS to be created.
>
> -sv

I dont think having external people directly create mailing lists in
redhat.com would be easy to manage and I was referring to day to day
administration of it but new mailing lists aren't created that often
related to Fedora to be a big bottle neck in having Red Hat IS team
manage it, does it? Would moving mailing lists to fedoraproject.org be
helpful?

Rahul