[fab] looking at our surrent state a bit

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Nov 3 15:28:57 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 10:19, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Well, take Comaintainership as example. We need
>
> - acl support in the build system

See the Infrastructure pages regarding VCS.  The dist-hg proof of concept
makes each package release dir its own repo and thus able to have ACLs.

> - a package database to get per dist maintainers

Don't have much to say here.

> - a better framework to make it easier to watch what the people you
> sponsored changes in cvs

This again is part of the VCS changes, but could also be handled by email
filtering of the commits list.

> That's a lot of work (mainly on the infrastructure side) and I more and
> more get the impression that with our current manpower it will take one
> or two years until we might have it in place. A little bit help from
> someone that getting payed for his work might help

We ARE helping.  Would you like a pony too?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora