[fab] looking at our surrent state a bit

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Nov 3 16:03:22 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 10:19, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Well, take Comaintainership as example. We need
>> - acl support in the build system
> See the Infrastructure pages regarding VCS.  The dist-hg proof of concept
> makes each package release dir its own repo and thus able to have ACLs.

Thx for that, I'm really looking forward to it (but I keep my nose out
of the details as my free time is used by Fedora work already completely).

>> - a package database to get per dist maintainers
> Don't have much to say here.

abadger1999 works hard on it, but he does it in his free time. Here is a
area where some support from someone getting payed to do work might help.

>> - a better framework to make it easier to watch what the people you
>> sponsored changes in cvs
> This again is part of the VCS changes, but could also be handled by email
> filtering of the commits list.

Yes.

>> That's a lot of work (mainly on the infrastructure side) and I more and
>> more get the impression that with our current manpower it will take one
>> or two years until we might have it in place. A little bit help from
>> someone that getting payed for his work might help
> We ARE helping.

I know. thx for that. But I'd like to see a bit more helping for a short
period of time.

>  Would you like a pony too?

/me doesn't like horses to much.

But can I have control over the Fedora Orbital laser? Jesse, please,
just for two hours and I'll go immediately to bed after that. I promise.
Pretty please.

Cu
thl