[fab] State of Fedora (a long email)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 6 19:30:21 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Well, this list is invitation only,

Others do send mails to this list. It is moderated.

fedora-devel is much to noisy. I'm
> *wondering* if we should have some kind of "fedora-project-discussions"
> mailinglist, where any member of cla_done in the accounts system can
> participate (or even all? maybe moderated?).

Fedora maintainers was supposed to be something like that. I dont think
creating more mailing lists is the answer here. Instead of ignoring
fedora-devel list as noise, bear with it and post more discussions there
for general development ideas. Maintainers should be used in a limited
fashion.

> Agreed in general -- but currently it's not possible for community
> members to influence our biggest sub-project (Core) and maybe that was
> one of the reasons why I asked for above. A proper "Fedora Core Steering
> Committee" with community members could help to silence that wish.

If core doesnt exist in the future, then it would be something like a
Fedora Techinical Committee that oversees the entire Fedora development.
I am not sure whether this needs to be a elected set of people though.

Rahul