[fab] State of Fedora (a long email)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 6 21:32:28 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Quick and dirty braindump:
>
> - merge fedora-test into fedora-devel -- people often don't get the
> difference in any case

Test updates and test release discussions should be send to
fedora-devel? That would result in too much traffic in fedora-devel IMO.
  We are planning to have more QA discussions and send the results of
the test suite in the future to fedora-test list too.

> - rename fedora-maintainers to fedora-contributors or fedora-project --
> all people with cla_done get permitted, moderated for nearly everybody else.
> - start using fedora-maintainers-announce (see above)

These are fine.

> - delete:
>  - fedora-config-list -- mostly dead, and people did not understand what
> its use in any case
>  - fedora-patches-list -- dead ?
>  - fedora-tools-list -- mostly dead?

The last three are already dead. We dont delete mailing lists since we
want to keep the archives.

> Site note: We should create a rough mailing list guideline for Fedora,
> as it is highly confusing that the lists are configured quite
> differently (reply-to munging , Tags in the Subject the two most [only?]
> important things).

Right.

Rahul