fedora-maintainers et al [fab] State of Fedora (a long email)

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Tue Nov 7 12:43:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 13:02:25 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Effectively, there is no way
> to address *all* maintainers and no way either to address all Extras
> maintainers, because fedora-extras-list is avoided like the plague by
> [probably many] Extras packagers due to past review-traffic madness.

I do not know on what evidence you base your assertion that f-e-l is
"avoided like the plague", but if it is true I find it a real problem.

IMHO, all Extras contributors must be subscribed to f-e-l, or browse
the archives on a regular basis.  I have zero sympathy for those telling
me there is too much traffic there.  We can agree on policies to put
keywords in the subject line for announcements or other "general
audience" topics if that makes filtering easier, but I think
subscription should be mandatory.

Also IMHO, we need one list able to reach *all* Fedora contributors.  I
don't care how it's named, but we need one, and it should be made
clear to all that (at least one of) the goals of that list is to reach
all Fedora contributors.