[fab] Idea:T-Shirts at Fedora Events...

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 01:09:47 UTC 2006

Tim Burke wrote:
> often there are fewer shirts than attendees... or alternatively more
> forums like LUGs where there are no shirts at all.  What about having
> this t-shirt fee allow for more shirts at more events?

I hadn't thought of using these proceeds in order to recoup costs of
shirt production, thus allowing us to have more shirts.  Max, what are
the shirt production costs?

I think the key to this is to carefully select which venues are
appropriate to sell shirts, and where it would be better to give away a
limited number of shirts.  Like LinuxTag FUDCON or LinuxWorld .org would
be totally appropriate to sell shirts.  A tiny event with mostly
non-converted people (like New England Linux Symposium with ~75
educators) however would be more appropriate to give away shirts.

LUG's are tiny events with a finite number of people.  It might be best
to give away shirts?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com