[fab] Architecture Policy.

Elliot Lee sopwith at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 02:37:27 UTC 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 4:49 PM, Dave Jones wrote:

> The intel compiler is an easy one - you can't compile the kernel
> (and probably
> a bunch of other apps) without patches right now.  I see your point
> though, rpmoptflags would be a trickier one to spot.

I believe at one point, each binary .rpm encoded the values of all
the macros as they were set at build time. Not sure if that's still
the case, and I forget exactly how it was implemented (maybe as a
RPMTAG stored in the .rpm?)

Each binary .rpm also stores the md5 or sha1 of the .src.rpm that it
was built from, which means you can tell whether a binary package was
built from unmodified .src.rpm's.

Best,
-- Elliot