FESCo future

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 27 19:53:07 UTC 2006

On 11/27/06, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 13:38 -0500, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> I'm not a fedora hater but I am a corporate distrust-er and I'm
> unconvinced that we're not extremely vulnerable to some 'pull it off the
> wire' bullshit like we HAVE seen in the past.
>
> how hard would it be for a executive at rh to tell all the RH members of
> whatever committee:
>   - you will vote this way, you are not allowed to tell anyone why, and
> if you quit you're still bound by the NDA.

I've thought about this a bit too, honestly I think the only way to
move forward is to trust the people you're working with.  Be they IBM,
Red Hat or some freshman in high school.  If they've proven
themselves, they've proven themselves.  And even though people can do
strange things when their job is on the line, we can always fork.

                 -Mike