[fab] Master Mirror List Control

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Oct 1 21:39:59 UTC 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 17:33, Mike McGrath wrote:
> At present the master mirrors list is on a Red Hat server.  I'm not
> sure who maintains it:
>
> http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/
>
> Should we move this to a Fedora server?  With FC6 coming out all
> installs will default to pointing to mirrors.fedoraproject.org.  That
> box basically takes its list from the fedora.redhat.com list and
> checks the mirrors for freshness / availability.
>
> Another issue that has come up is, for example, the request for an
> extras-devel-source repo.  Its in rawhide, but extras-devel-source
> does not exist in the master list.
> (see
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/tickets/customer.pl?Action=CustomerTicketZo
>om&TicketID=121 ticket# 2006091510000015 for more info)

Currently I and a couple volunteers maintain the list.  I really don't care
where it lives, and moving it away from fedora.redhat.com is one more thing
we can check off the list for retiring fedora.redhat.com.  So yea, count me
as a +1 for having it on fedoraproject.org

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora