[fab] Re: splash page + tracking image example

Rob Garth rgarth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 23:23:31 UTC 2006

I agree with Josh. But I agree with Max and Greg we need metrics now.

I have over 500 workstations running Fedora. They all run through a
proxy, so the IP method would not work. I run my own local yum
mirrors, and only one of the workstations talk to even my own yum
servers, and it doesn't look for mirrors, so the yum method would not
work. But then as most of my machines are built from a single image, a
firstboot method would not work anyway.

I think the discussion of how to report metrics correctly needs to
wait for another day, and for the moment Fedora needs to use yum, and
if possible the firefox metric as well.

Cheers,
Rob Garth.