[fab] Metrics

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 7 16:51:33 UTC 2006

On 10/7/06, Patrick W. Barnes <nman64 at n-man.com> wrote:
> == What We're Already Missing ==
>
> While we do have logs from the assorted websites, and probably from other
> resources, we're not using that information.  We should be collecting
> information from those logs for assorted metrics.  They may not be extremely
> accurate ways of determining numbers of users, but it could give us valuable
> insight into what our users are doing and where we'd do well to allocate more
> resources.  In my opinion, that information would be more valuable than any
> information about total numbers of users.

I actually do have awstats monitoring the wiki and a few other sites
(like mirrors.fp.o).  I don't have the cgi published because it seems
a vulnerability for awstats comes out every couple of hours :(  Seth
clued me into using the static pages method.  I've just been to lazy
to actually sit down and do it, expect it soon though (next couple of
days).

                -Mike