Deadline for Summer of Code app reviews approaches

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Mon Apr 9 05:11:52 UTC 2007

We need to finish evaluations on the Summer of Code applications before
Wednesday (2007-04-11 00:00 Pacific, 07:00 UTC).  On Wednesday, the student
allotments will be finalized and we'll lose any applications that don't have
mentors assigned.  Our current projected allotment is 6 projects, though we
might pick up extra slots if we have mentors assigned for more.

After my last call, we had several more people sign up to help review
(thanks!), but only a few have gone back and entered comments or evaluations.
While we could proceed with the evaluations we have so far, I think we'd all
be happier if we had stronger reviews of the proposals before making any
decisions.  On Tuesday, I'll make any arbitrary decisions I have to in order
to accept the right proposals, and I'll assign mentors from among the
volunteers.  I'll mentor as many students as I need to, but it would really
be best if each student had their own primary mentor with any number of
backup mentors.  It doesn't take much to serve as a mentor, so please
volunteer if you see a proposal you like.

Once again, the necessary resources can be found from the wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode/Mentors

If you need help, please email me directly for the sake of speed.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://n-man.com/