the all IRC Board meeting

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 01:08:52 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Good:
>
> - enabled easily pulling in other people as needed
> - very effective for getting status of various things
>
> Bad:
>
> - runs much slower
> - I'm not sure we actually *decided* anything
>
> For things where we're polling for the status of various projects,
> I think it's highly appropriate. For things where we need to stick
> our heads together and decide stuff, I'm not so sure.

Agreed, it seemed very... busy.  Maybe if this is done again by the
board they could do an IRC meeting where talking is by invitation only.
I have no idea how to do that but I've seen the freenode ops do it
before.  It may be more trouble then its worth but as long as everyone
is given proper channels to communicate, like notification before the
meeting or some such thing, I think others would be fine with it.

    -Mike