cross-site bug tracking

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 00:39:56 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 18:49:29 Luis Villa wrote:
> No other big community has made the full jump to a modern distributed
> RCS yet; my sense is that this is a prereq for modern bugtracking. So
> start there.

We've looked at it and I've done a lot of research and talking to people.  The
solution I came up with was that I don't want to switch SCMs because there
are new options out there, and build up a workflow around an SCM.  I want to
see a new workflow imagined for our operating system development and taking
that wishful workflow and seeing which of the now available SCMs happen to
work for that workflow or can be adapted.

Switching just to switch is not interesting.  Finding a new ideal workflow,
which should include things like bug / defect management, feature tracking,
distribution status, project management, etc... and building up tools around
that workflow is.

I also don't want to do it this release, nor next, with all the other changes
we've got going on.  However we can start dreaming now... (:

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora