RFC: Release team meetings

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 21:20:27 UTC 2007

Given what was discussed at the last board meeting, I'm suggesting that
even more than the monthly engineering meetings tossed about, we have
regular release meetings.

Draft at: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BillNottingham/ReleaseMeetingsDraft -
reproduced inline.

In order to sanely coordinate our releases, we should have regular release
meetings. These meetings should be at least weekly, possibly semiweekly near
the end of freeze cycles.

Time: TBD, pending approval of required attendees

Attendees: Representatives from:

 * Fedora Release Engineering
 * Fedora QA
 * Fedora Docs
 * Fedora L10N
 * Fedora Infrastructure
 * Representatives of major subsystems of Fedora
 	* Kernel
	* GNOME
	* KDE
	* others?
 * Other attendees as requested. These would generally be representatives
   for particular features or subprojects that need discussed. (Example:
   someone from LiveCD, or someone working on TeX.)

Agenda: Including, but not limited to:

 * Freeze status and schedules
 * Test status of current trees
 * Blocking bugs
 * Potential slips
 * Feature status
 * Coordination of subgroups (handoff of release notes to rel-eng, for example)

Reports from these meetings would be made to FESCo, and to the Fedora board.

This probably falls under FESCo's umbrella, but I'm not sure it's appropriate
to dominate the weekly FESCo meeting with this stuff. Opinions?

Bill