RFC: Release team meetings

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 13:59:06 UTC 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 09:37:32 Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> I can feel with you and understand your point. But that *IMHO* the
> overhead you have to live with if you want to get the community
> involved, as they afaics want to have a chance to influence stuff if
> they spend lots of their time working on that stuff (Fedora in this case).
>
> But that overhead IMHO worth the trouble *if you do it right*, because
> the community then will do work that you otherwise would have to do. But
> if you don't do it right it can easily fail and you have some overhead,
> but get nearly nothing back, or even worse, you have to continue to do
> all the work.

I see you've taken this as an US vs THEM stance again.  It's not.  The fact is
there _are_ community people in the release team and as far as I've seen
they're just as interested in just getting work done than spending the next 2
weeks arguing over how to structure the governance, meeting schedule, voting
style, reporting officers, etc...  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that
everybody _but_ me in the group is a community member.  I am the only person
that is paid to release engineer Fedora.  Everybody else participates outside
their normal day job which would make them community members regardless of
who their employer is.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora