Release Engineering Meeting Recap from Monday 16-APR-07

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 20 01:58:27 UTC 2007

Josh Boyer wrote:
> This release was all that was discussed.  If new proposals for future
> releases come to bear, this topic can be revisited.  For now, a note
> will be placed in the Release Notes for F7 about packages potentially
> containing .fcX where X can be different from the current release.

You have just a day before the docs are frozen.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule. I am editing the
release notes right now so if anyone has suggestions for the wording let
me know. My proposal for the future release is essentially the same as
the one now preferably early during the devel cycle and no later than
the feature freeze

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-April/msg00137.html

I wanted FESCo to decide on the issue on the whole rather than just for
this release as the last time I requested it was before the test 4
release. That was ignored somehow it a bit too late to do rebuilds.

So let me place a request now for FESCo to consider a general approach
on dealing with dist tags early during Fedora 8 development. Also we
might have delta rpms by default then so the argument of lesser churn of
packages becomes weak.

Rahul