LWN headline: Blame Fedora = High Praise

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Apr 29 22:48:41 UTC 2007

On Apr 18, 2007, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> John Poelstra wrote:
>>
>> On a related topic... from the Fedora main page...
>>
>> "...All in pursuit of the best operating system and platform that
>> free software can provide."
>>
>> What don't we have a link there to the Fedora definition of "free
>> software?"

> Done.

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraMain

Thank you for this.

Too bad Fedora is taking a step away from its goal in release 7,
introducing non-Free Software (even if only firmware), but it's very
good to know that the goal is what I'd always thought it to be.

Now, those who dismiss firmware freedom issues as irrelevant might
want to have a look at the material FSFLA prepared for FLISoL, a Free
Software install fest all over Latin American, that took place
yesterday, that in part addresses this very issue.

  http://www.fsfla.org/svnwiki/flisol2007

Enjoy,