kqemu is now GPLv2

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Wed Feb 7 14:42:35 UTC 2007

#1: I agree, I really want all kernel modules in the Fedora kernel.
No question.  For this I push very hard, and where I have influence
(or can hack the driver code myself), it gets into upstream.  We're
not backing down from that stance.

#2: For the subset of kernel modules where #1 isn't (yet) reality, we
 need to strive for #1.  In the mean time, having
 not-yet-merged-upstream-but-in-progress kernel modules available can
 demonstrate both the value and the bug-freeness of the new code.
 (e.g. 1000 people have been running it for a month, and no new bug
 reports have been filed in the last 3 weeks).  Here, tools like kmods
 and DKMS may provide some benefit.  It's the same as with
 updates-testing.  It needs to exist, even if we don't necessarily
 want all mainstream users using it.

-Matt