Extending FC5 lifecycle?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Feb 19 15:00:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 09:49:15AM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 20:06 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> [...snip...]
> > Jesse Keating, do you want to mention Fedora Legacy in this?
>
> Just to bring out a quick discussion Rahul and I were having on IRC, I'm
> not sure we want to include that in this particular announcement.
> Although the subject matter is a good fit, right now we don't have the
> infrastructure in place to support a resurgence of Legacy.  (Let's leave
> aside the issue of whether anyone actually wants to *do the work*.)

I don't think anyone wants to resurrect FL by this announcement, on
the contrary we want to show where effectively the efforts of a FL
were "merged into". E.g. *instead* of a separate entity caring about
security updates we have prolongued the release life span. This should
give an example to future Fedora-Legacy like initiatives that it is
better to work within the project than as a sibling.

It should be a nice and final wrap-up of Fedora Legacy, not a reboot
of it.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net