Extending FC5 lifecycle?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 15:33:32 UTC 2007

On Monday 19 February 2007 08:19, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Can we decide if we wanted to extend the lifecycle of FC5 till F7 is
> released or not? I know there was some discussions before on that but
> since F7 is going to have 4 test releases and second test release is
> expected shortly, we need to determine this now.

What is missing from this thread is buy in from RH engineering management to
task their employees with another N months of FC5 maintenance.  We don't yet
have a system in place that would allow the community to push updates for
this release, and we might not until F7 is out the door.  So before we just
go gun ho with this decision, perhaps we should get some feedback/buy in on
adding this work to engineers.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora