CLA requirements

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Wed Feb 21 20:59:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:51:53 +0530
sundaram at fedoraproject.org (Rahul Sundaram) wrote:

> Hi
>
> I had the impression that bug triaging doesnt require CLA and
> approved a bunch of folks who have signed for fedorabugs group in the
> account system but then the question was raised on whether a CLA is
> required for that. Do we really need CLA for groups like bug triaging
> and ambassadors majority of whom dont submit any content to the
> project?

As far as fedorabugs, I think it might be good for them to have the CLA
done, since they may be submitting patches, or suggested docs or other
content that might end up shipping in packages and/or web pages.

Alternately, perhaps bugzilla could do what it was suggested that the
wiki do, namely have something like the wiki's:
"By hitting Save Changes you put your changes under the WikiLicense. If
you don't want that, hit Cancel to cancel your changes."

ie,

"By hitting submit you put your changes under the bugzillalicense. If
you don't want that, don't hit submit".

kevin