CLA requirements

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 24 19:21:43 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 02:14 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> You miss the point completely. In short we dont expect ambassadors to be
>> highly technical people. Making all of them sign the CLA is currently a
>> high barrier to entry.
>
> There is no big technical difficulty in signing the CLA.  It is not that
> high of a barrier.
>
> When people balk at accomplishing a minor technical task to gain entry,
> it makes me wonder.  I personally consider that being able to obtain and
> use a GPG key *should* be a requirement for anyone representing Fedora.
> If they are stopped from participating by that ... well, disappointing,
> but, oh, well.  Anyway, that's just MHO and does not represent the
> direction I am backing for Fedora.

Depends on the context. If it's for maintaining a package, it is just
part of the process. The maintainer has to deal with much more
complicated things than a gpg signature during the course anyway. For a
ambassadors, it is relatively high. For someone new, editing a wiki for
adding some simple comments or fixing a typo, its way too high to bother.

Rahul