Good riddance, ESR

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Sun Feb 25 19:10:12 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 13:46 -0500, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
>
> > What I find truly strange in the light of his departure is that I've
> > never felt more bullish about our future.  ESR's departure comes at a
> > strange time because we're at the cusp of something great.  And I think
> > we need to talk about that.
>
> So go ahead.
>
> Fact is, we've got a bunch of people saying exactly that.
>
> The real question: how do we get *heard*?

Have people do interviews.  The slashdot one was great.  Maybe see if
LWN is interested in asking some questions of what Fedora is about and
where it's headed.  Jon you listening? :)

And while I think Max _rocks_ at spreading the good word, it might not
hurt to have a few others do it.  Thorsten for example.  Or you Greg.

We could also find people to write up reviews of F7 test 2 when it comes
out.  Personally, I'd be very interested to see what people out there
think of the new LiveCD, etc.

Right now, we have lots of people writing about the kick butt stuff
Fedora is doing on their blogs.  That's great and should continue.  But
a blog is not really a "mainstream" way to get stuff out there.  As much
as I loath Eric's recent "spam the press" tactic, it worked didn't it?
I'm not saying we should really copy that, but we _could_ ask sites if
they'd be interested in doing interviews/reviews.

josh