why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Wed Jan 3 17:00:56 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Michael Tiemann <tiemann at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 21:10 +1100, Rob Garth wrote:
> > I am not part of the Fedora Project and so I guees my opinion is
> > fairly meaningless but on the LTS support stuff. FC6 is the upstream
> > of RHEL5.
>
> ...and so much more.  It is not *just* the upstream of Red Hat's
> commercial products.

Sure, but that is still the primary motivation for most of the hours
and money that goes into Fedora. To pretend that that is just one goal
among many makes Fedora look dishonest. To be sure, it is admirable
(and I think admired) to say that the long-term goal is for RHEL to be
just one consumer among many. But that isn't the reality on the ground
right now, and to deny that (as many Fedora-affiliated people have
tried to do from time to time) is silly.

Luis