why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 17:08:05 UTC 2007

OK. That's different from what Luis said, though. :)

> >>I'm wondering if we could provide solutions for both users: One update
> >>channel that only gets security updates and important bugfixes while the
> >>other is a bit more bold -- we for example could have firefox2 in the
> >>bold channel for FC6 while shipping the latest firefox 1.5.x in the more
> >>conservative channel.
> >
> >So, an idea like this:
> >
> >- starts to exponentially expand the QA problem
>
> Bill, I love you, but I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one.
> The answer is not "avoid making QA harder", the answer is to SOLVE THE QA
> PROBLEM.

Sure, but which of these plans make more sense:

1)

- Solve the QA problem for our repo configurations as they exist
- Expand the QA solution to new, multiple, disparate and conflicting
  repositories

2)

- Expand into new, multiple, disparate and conflicting repositories
- Then try to solve the QA problem

Honestly, before we can do multiple experimental repositories of this,
that, and the other, we need to get our *OWN* house in order.

Bill