why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 3 19:41:49 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 January 2007 14:04, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > And it would be nice (as I said already). But I'd already be glad if we
> > could have the F7TEST3 to F7 way.
>
> Yes, F7T3 to F7 would be nice, but as you said, sometimes we screw up.  And if
> we screw up, would you rather we introduce epoch, or roll back the version?
> If we come up with a hard and fast rule that T3 must be upgradable to Final,
> that has some pretty serious QA implications, and the QA team (I'm looking at
> you Will) needs to have a say in that.

T[1-3] and rawhide ain't grandma's Linux, those expecting it not to
break shouldn't be using it.  It would be nice to have more of a
choice though when upgrading from FC5 though.  Our options are FC6 (to
be EOL'd in 6 months) or FC7t2.  I'm sure this has been discussed
before but I'm bringing it up again.

               -Mike