why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

Rob Garth rgarth at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 21:43:48 UTC 2007

> I hear this argument a lot.  The fact is that Fedora is the 'upstream'
> for many projects.  We're often the first distro to pick up a new
> technology and integrate it.  Just because RHEL is one distro that
> gets it after us shouldn't be counted against Fedora.

Fedora is the upstream of many projects. Some of which are considered
productions systems, RHEL and OLPC, and probably others. I am guessing that
these projects all maintian there own patches, and may indeed have a longer
support life the Fedora. Doesn't it make sense for some of the maintainence
work to be done in the upstream. I will shut up about this now though, sorry
to stir the pot.