The QA Problem

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 4 00:37:37 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/3/07, Will Woods <wwoods at redhat.com> wrote:
> > So. Does that define The QA Problem? Or are there other issues I'm
> > forgetting?

I think we should also strongly look at ways to help users solve their
own issues and submit patches for them.  Part of this is motivation.
Sure there are many users out there who are just not competent enough
to fix their problems, not everyone is a developer. We should,
however, encourage the ones are able and make it as easy as possible
for them to fix stuff.  Possibly by having a point system or
something.  I mean, if I was Joe Schmo coming out of college and I was
looking for a job I might mention that I have resolved 1,200 Fedora
bugs, here's a website that shows my ranking, etc.

               -Mike