mailing-list reorganisation, round 4 on this list

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Jan 7 12:59:46 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 11:15:19AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:

> > I'd second keeping fedora-packaging as is. The charter is discussing
> > about packaging, not (specific) packages.
> > But Thorsten has a point: All packagers need to know what happens over
> > there - same is true for some other lists, too.
>
> Axel, tibbs, does the new idea (fedora-extras traffic mostly goes to
> fedora-packaging to cover both packaging in practice and the guidelines
> on one list) suite your needs better?

On the contrary, what tibbs and I didn't like is that committee
discussions get mangled with additional discussion. Your previous
suggestion had this list merge with fedora-devel, now it's
fedora-extras, in both cases you get very different content killing
the other's SNR.

I still think most organizational bodies need a list primary for their
daily work. That is not to say that other people should not subscribe
and discuss there, too, but the topic should be defined in that way.

I liked the way it was until now: Packagers would consult each other
on fedora-extras or other lists and if some issue escalated for the
packaging committee to look at it would do so. That's why we have such
a good SNR.

Please keep fedora-packaging as is - it is one of the split off lists
that served its purpose rather well IMHO.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net