how to govern and manage the new combined repository (second proposal from thl)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jan 12 17:28:47 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath schrieb:
> On 1/12/07, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>> Thorsten Leemhuis schrieb:
>>> Quoting Bill from:
>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-January/msg00091.html
>> New proposal, again with a small graphic attached:
>>[...]
>> Comments?
>
> I see the FTC as 3 different groups:
>
> Technical 'vision' aspects of fedora (Like Gnome being our default wm)

'visions' IMHO have to come from the Board (or come from other
Committees/Groups/the community and get then get ACKed by the Board).

> Packaging (Our packaging guys rock BTW)
> Technical Integration (More on the dev side)
>
> I see these entities as being and acting differently and independently
> of each other, especially for day to day things.

And I more and more think we should keep those two things as close
together as possible to avoid interaction problems between different
groups -- e.g. have a strong group at the top (below the Board) that's
interested in day-to-day work and sub-groups that takes care of the
different things. If a problems comes up that is relevant for two group
that strong group can handle.

I fear that otherwise group "a" will say "b, that you problem" while "b"
says "a, no, you have to solve that". Both in such situations often have
good reasons for their standpoint. But it does not help to get problems
solved quickly (read: if often does not get fixed properly or only slow).

> [...]

CU
thl